Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 4 years ago

How do I remove construction dust / dirt from interior walls without it smearing on the paint?

I am remodeling my house and it is filled with dust from construction and the cutting of tile. I am about to lay carpet, and I am trying to clean the house to the best of my ability. It seems the dust and dirt is everywhere, including the walls, which were recently painted. What materials / products / procedure would you use to remove the dust and dirt from the walls without it turning into a swirl of dirt smears? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

A cell city analogy for ribosomes are construction workers. The ribosomes produce proteins in the cell. Proteins are considered building blocks so, think construction workers. There are many ribosomes some are free floating and others are attached to the endoplasmic reticulum, so those ribosomes are working on the "roads" of the cell.

To be honest you're screwed depending on the paint that is on the walls.

Tile dust is a really fine dust and if your walls have been painted using a matt base then you're in trouble if a silk base was used you have some hope of just washing it off.

If you do have a matt on the walls and it has been painted directly onto plaster and not lining paper then in theory you could clean the walls like a window cleaner would clean a window using one of those squeedgy things going from top to bottom.

You could also use something like a leaf blower before hand to blow as much off the walls as possible after cleaning dust from elsewhere do this with wet floors and a spray mist in the air to catch the dust and carry it to the floor.

A vacuum cleaner. There are also cleaning pastes specifically designed for walls.

Use a vacuum or an air hose, but an air hose will only displace it not remove it.