What's the past tense of raise?
Is it raised? Is it rose? Both?
- Anonymous4 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Leo builds/is building a model rocket.
1. Leo built a model rocket.
2. Sam paints/is painting the dog's house.
2. Sam will paint the dog's house.
3. John builds/is building a trellis.
3. John built a trellis.
4. Mary will make a mosaic (future).
P.S. Edan has no idea how to do your homework. LOL
- Jay RLv 54 years ago
Raised. Also, raised is transitive, rose is intranstitve, so you'd say
The crane raised the girder into the air. The girder rose steadily.
- 4 years ago
- Anonymous4 years ago
it depends if you are talking about a body, or an object.
You can also use "has risen.
I raised the flag
She arose from sleep
The king has risen
I have raised my hand over one hundred times
I rose to find a dog in my room.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- AndrewLv 74 years ago
"Raised." "Rose" is the past simple form of "rise."