Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 3 years ago

1)Is it ok if I leave the power supply on 24/7 even when my gaming computer is off?!?!?

2)Do I use the small buzzer pc speaker that came with my desktop on my

motherboard or is their no need for it?

3)Can i build on cardboard without worrying about ESD? Or just stick to building on a desk?

Please be thorough and answer asap

My motherboard i ordered is called MSI h110 gaming.

• dead7
    Favorite Answer

It is normal operation to leave the PSU on. This prevents the back up battery from dying between turning on the computer.

The PC speaker is required because the speaker/headphone jacks do not work due to system failure/software problems. This is why you don't hear any thing from your headphones but you can hear the beep if you hold a key too long.

Yes you can build on cardboard I use it for builds even on coffee tables, tables, desks, just to protect the finishes of the case and work surface. The most important is to keep grounded. Rubber sole shoes or barefoot never in socks And never sitting on carpet

• Chris Ancor
      3 years agoReport

this has no effect on the lithium CMOS battery.

• Goerge

Yes, you can leave your power supply on.

Yes, that speaker is the PC's voice. There are beep codes that it may want to convey. The motherboard may not have the light or LED codes some higher end boards have.

Always ground yourself before unboxing your components. KISS. Build it on your desk. If you can safely build it on cardboard, that's okay.

Any other questions?

1) If you want to waste money on your electricity bill, than yes.

2) That small buzzer is needed to generate beep codes.

3) You can build on anything as long as you are avoiding static electricity build up.