Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 years ago

Should I bring my dog to a vet in the morning or not?

Just noticed on Friday night that my chihuahua looks bloated but she does not have any of these symptoms "trying to vomit but bringing nothing up, along with excessive drooling, restlessness, and a large, bloated painful stomach." it's bloated but not painful as she lets me pet her...could she be pregnant, she was in heat around oct 14th but she does not look pregnant according to some youtube videos I have watched. She has been this was now for 48 hours.

I took her to the vet and they are stuck on her having pyometra and that they want to give her x -rays tomorrow morning, they did a pregnancy test today negative and gave me heartworm interceptor plus and i started a pill today. I told them I thought she had intestinal parasites but did not have a stool with me because there was none to bring with me at the time.

I do have one now to bring with me for tomorrow morning, she is bigger and is sitting funny because she is fatter and it's getting harder for her to sit right now. I am running out of money here and they said if she does have the pyometra that they do not take payments of course cuz they don't care if an animal is in pain and dies I guess.

They told me her white blood cells are high the neutrophil levels, all others are fine so if it is the neutrophil levels I read that this is parasitic but they are trying to make me believe she has otherwise I'm sure to get more money out of me... Are there an over the counter medication I can buy to get rid of these parasites because they keep trying to drain my pockets when she is getting bigger, I am worried she is going to die like any day now...

She does not have any symptoms of this pyometra other than the bloating, she is too young for bloat so it's not that, they ruled that out. She has parasites, I know for sure based on the white blood cell test her PCV level is high so she is anemia now and that could be because she has the parasites from the research I have read up on....what do I do at this point?

She does not have diarrhea though could this mean she doesn't have worms or no? Please help I am scared out of my mind

I took her to the vet and it was in fact pyometra, she had the surgery. GlintNight your accusations are by far wrong. I came on here because I care. I took her to the vet because I care.. I am not one of those people who will let my dog suffer at all. Bella is my baby. I don't know what I would have done if I lost her. As you know it was Sunday when I asked my question my vet was not open on sunday which is why I came on here...they have yahoo questions for a reason.

Bella is fine and resting. but she is leaking a clear liquid now although I was told this was normal after a surgery of pyometra because she was hooked up to an IV and given fluids to flush out the infection..she is happy to be home..very attached to her me because I take care of her and luv her GlintNight..stop being rude to people.

• Lizzie
    Favorite Answer

Yes, please take her to the vet. A biog sto,ach can be a sign of pregnancy or a heavy worm infestation and more. But looking bloated is not, as you know, the same as BLOAT that kills.

• Daby4 years agoReport

after closed pyometra surgery she now has a fever she didn't have before why, does anyone know?

Bring her to the vet

No one, including a vet, can diagnose/treat her without examining her, least of all YA, take her to your vet or at least call them for advice, phone calls are free, in most areas. Be sure to mention that she maybe pregnant.

You are required by law to provide vet care as needed in a timely fashion or you could be charged with a felony, punishable by fines/jail time.

• Daby4 years agoReport

stupid ignorant asshole that you r, i took her to the vet, why do you think i came on here to find out **** just to find out, no need to be such an asshole in such a stressful situation jerk.

• Tj

go to the vet

Take her to the vet.If she IS pregnant he can tell you what and when to expect. You need to know. Chihuahuas have difficult deliveries. Since you have NO idea how big the father was I would get a gravid spay. If he was much larger,she could die easily

• Daby4 years agoReport

she had pyrometra, is doing good but now she has a fever she didn't have before the surgery. worried about that, she is going at 3pm back to the vet

get her to the vet

Yes

yep vets