What are the chances that I'll feel sick after getting immunizations (before a trip to China/Nepal)?

I feel scared that I'll feel sick after getting the shots. How often does this happen to people? I'm in very good health, mild high blood pressure that I take a low dose med for. I'm also someone who stresses easily.

I'm 45 and eat healthy.

Favorite Answer

I went to China (Tibet) and Nepal a few years ago. For any immunization shots you should go at least 6 weeks to the doctor/travel clinic. That way you shouldn't have any issues with your trip. I don't remember getting any special immunizations just (the regular Hep A, Typhoid) and never had any issues with those. If you are going certain areas that require Malaria or Rabies shots it might be different. When I went to places that required Malaria immunization I was usually prescribed Malaria tables since they supposedly have fewer side effects than the shots. Since you are going to Nepal I am assuming you might be going to places that are at high altitude?! If high altitude is your concern I don't think you need to worry too much as long as you take a few days to acclimate to the altitude (if you arrive in Lhasa take it slow for a few days and don't go on long hikes). In Lhasa there seemed to be a surprising amount of retired visitors that seemed to be doing fine as well. Nobody in the tour I went on had any major altitude sickness. Enjoy your trip!