Jon Lord or Ray Manzarek (the battle of keyboard wizard)?

For those who do not know who Jon Lord was....pls dont reply...please go ro the music library and find out. Thank you

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Danny
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jon was the Lord. Manzarek was so fine - try to imagine "Light my Fire" without him - but I suspect Lord could have done the part with one broken arm.

Here's my related Q from a couple of weeks ago. Lots of good answers:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20161...

My example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz0cc9dUnJc

Youtube thumbnail

&index=3&list=RDpXHi84bSJyw

Brooker T, a little Bach, an a discordant sneer at Louie-Louie in one piece? Jeeeeeez.

ONLY thing I didn't like about big Hammonds and Leslie cabs: Carrying them in and out of gigs. Ugh.

• 4 years ago

Ray Manzarek

• 4 years ago

I like both. But because of the style of music he plays Manzarek gets the edge. But Lord is a beast as well. I see them both live. The keyboard is like the bastard child of music, does not get the respect it deserves. But these two dudes help give it the respect it deserves

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

jon was the lord... manzarek was so fine - try to imagine "light my fire" without him - but i suspect lord could have done the part with one broken arm...

here's my related q from a couple of weeks ago... lots of good answers:

brooker t, a little bach, an a discordant sneer at louie-louie in one piece? jeeeeeez...

only thing i didn't like about big hammonds and leslie cabs: carrying them in and out of gigs... ugh...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Although I think Jon owns this one, don't throw Rick Wakeman or Richard Wright under the bus either

• Miriam.....love them both as keyboardists but, have to go with the man from Leicester.........Jon Lord.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Keith Emerson blows them both off of the water.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You've never heard of Christian 'Flake' Lorenz?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

miriam...............love them both as keyboardists but, have to go with the man from leicester...........................jon lord...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.