Why don't college and universities care about conservative students?

Back in 2012, I was an 18 year old at Centre College, I voted for Mitt Romney for president and ended up disappointed way early in the evening. Turned off my TV endured the taunts of my gloating roommate, went to bed at some point, got up the next day and went to class.

I did not get any classes off, no hugs from faculty members, and most importantly I was denied play dough, coloring sheets, Legos, cookies, pizzas, and hot chocolate.

Four years later, colleges are thrusting this and more to undergrads and graduate students alike. This is not hyberbole or a joke. The University of Michigan offered coping skills to its law students (That bears repeating. The University of Michigan offered its LAW STUDENTS play dough to help them cope with casting a losing ballot. Hopefully Michigan justices will have a bevvy of participation badges to hand out attorneys arguing losing cases before them in the very near future).

So why was my college so unsympathetic to my life changing event of having to endure the trauma of participating in a democratic election and having over half the country come to a different conclusion? Are college administrators unaware that not all of their students will vote for whichever unindicted criminal the DNC rigs its primaries to foist on left leaning voters in the general election?

Granted, conservative students have a higher melting point than the liberal students (who are 100% responsible for sticking all of us with the moniker Generation Snowflake). But my roommate rubbed it in that his side won, and I was slightly annoyed. And I was disappointed. I also like free pizza like every other college student....

Favorite Answer

Because they are rotten and corrupt, and their leaders hate the guts of our United States and our decent people. The liberal, hypocritical scum of the Earth. These are the types of people who hate our Donald Trump, and these are the people who war against goodness and favor the Clinton's of the world.

• Lili

All of the colleges and universities with which I've been associated -- and that's quite a few now -- have conservative student organizations, even conservative newspapers, and plenty of places for conservative students to hang out and commiserate with each other over whatever liberal "outrage" has upset them most recently. Perhaps your college did not because, frankly, it's not much of a college.

Personally, I don't approve of play dough or cookies or whatever, but the fact is that colleges and universities are predominantly liberal, because the more you know about the world, the more liberal you are likely to be. That's simply the way education and intellectual development often work.

I notice that while you seem to be complaining about whining liberals getting special care, you're doing quite a lot of whining in this question. Evidently, you haven't gotten over 2012. Here's my advice, dear, since you're now, presumably, a college graduate: grow up, get over it, and move on.

I'll tell my liberal students the same thing a few months from now.

• Bryce
      3 years agoReport

But thanks ever so much for your most participation in this thread. Even though you won't be getting best answer, if you had fun, you won! Your participation trophy is on its way!

You are whining because you didn't get a cookie and play-dough 4 years ago. Neither did Gore supporters nor Kerry supporters 12 & 8 years ago.

Times change and circumstances change. Generation "Snowflake" are responding to what they feel is an unfair system TODAY. This comes on the heels of many social injustices that are publicly shared and raged against TODAY.

Analyzing the psychology of the reactions of Americans to this election will continue for years. Blame social media, the "cookie" generation where everyone gets a trophy, the popular vote, and the election of a man who is against just about every liberal OR conservative value, whatever. Regardless, they created a firestorm.

You were not "denied" play-dough, KKK costumes, 47% shirts, target practice at a shooting range, or anything legal to help you cope.

Why did your college not deal with your "trauma"? Because it's not 2012 and it was a much different election and social environment.

Because that's not a part of their job and they don't give af what their students beliefs are at the end of the day.

• Keith

Because they are Trump supporters .. and they probably play Farmville

Well that is a question I myself want to know .