Why are people trying to change the outcome of the 2016 election when Donald Trump won fair and square?

The United States is not a democracy, never has been, it is a Constitutional Republic. I am aware that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote (but according to the data, if you remove California and New York from the popular vote, Donald Trump won the popular vote by a huge amount) , but in the United States, the... show more The United States is not a democracy, never has been, it is a Constitutional Republic. I am aware that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote (but according to the data, if you remove California and New York from the popular vote, Donald Trump won the popular vote by a huge amount) , but in the United States, the Electoral College decides who is president because many of the founding fathers thought that a "true democracy" was not only too dangerous, but they thought that a simple popular vote system would be vastly unfair to small states (which I agree completely). If you have the smallest state of Wyoming with a population of 584,153 people and the largest state of California with a population of 38.8 million people, in a simple popular vote system, the people of Wyoming would never be truly represented, and that is unacceptable when one entire state does not get representation. Now I will say that if the US did not have individual states, that a simple popular vote system would be fine, but not with individual states. I did not vote for Donald Trump, but he did win fair and square with our Constitutional election system and I would say exactly the same if it was Hillary Clinton who initially won that way, no matter how much I hate her as a candidate. I think that it is absurd that people are protesting and attempting to change the system, especially since we have used the system for 240 years, with no one having an issue like this, especially when their candidate lost.
Update: Four times in 45 elections has a candidate won the popular vote and not the presidency, why didn't anyone riot or protest then? Also too, I greatly disliked when Bill Clinton won the presidency, but he won the necessary electoral votes, so I did not complain at all, because it was a fair election like every... show more Four times in 45 elections has a candidate won the popular vote and not the presidency, why didn't anyone riot or protest then? Also too, I greatly disliked when Bill Clinton won the presidency, but he won the necessary electoral votes, so I did not complain at all, because it was a fair election like every other election in history.
Update 2: Also too, didn't many Hillary supporters believe that Donald Trump was a threat to the US Constitution? Well here they are attempting to threaten the US Constitution without the help of Donald Trump. I also think it is "funny" that Donald Trump was criticized for potentially not being able to accept... show more Also too, didn't many Hillary supporters believe that Donald Trump was a threat to the US Constitution? Well here they are attempting to threaten the US Constitution without the help of Donald Trump. I also think it is "funny" that Donald Trump was criticized for potentially not being able to accept the results of the election, and here the people who criticized him are not accepting the results?! Is it just me or are they being hypocritical?