If you don't accept Donald J. Trump as your president, why not just leave the country, rather than protest by saying '...not my president'?

If you're a US citizen, Donald J. Trump is now your president (elect) as of November 9th, 2016, under law. Now, you can certainly chant "not my president" as is your right. But it won't be true, unless you expatriate as some celebrities had vowed to do.

So, are you leaving the country? If not, what's your thinking as to staying in a country whose laws you reject?

Favorite Answer

I hope they try to leave just so they can find out how easy it is to become an American citizen over every other country.

Republicans didn't accept Obama as President, in fact, not even as a natural born American, and they openly obstructed and didn't leave this country.

@alias: yep, it does make it ok. It's called precedent.

I don't have enough Frequent Flyer Points.

Libbies always got participation trophies so they protest when they don't get their way and cry just like a spoiled 3y/o who was told "No."

It was a rigged election. The FBI performed a military coup.

And some of us, when we see misjustice in OUR country, choose to fight.

That's why we are a country in the first place, and not a commonwealth.

Many have been chanting that Obama is not their president for the last 8 years.. There are many of idiots on both teams. They all have freedom of speech.

This is because Americans love America.