If you don't accept Donald J. Trump as your president, why not just leave the country, rather than protest by saying '...not my president'?

If you're a US citizen, Donald J. Trump is now your president (elect) as of November 9th, 2016, under law. Now, you can certainly chant "not my president" as is your right. But it won't be true, unless you expatriate as some celebrities had vowed to do.

So, are you leaving the country? If not, what's your thinking as to staying in a country whose laws you reject?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I hope they try to leave just so they can find out how easy it is to become an American citizen over every other country.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Republicans didn't accept Obama as President, in fact, not even as a natural born American, and they openly obstructed and didn't leave this country.

@alias: yep, it does make it ok. It's called precedent.

• Jackboot
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

So, the same kind of stupid Republicans didn't leave because of Obama so that makes it okay to be a stupid Democrat?? Brilliant!

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I don't have enough Frequent Flyer Points.

• 3 years ago

Libbies always got participation trophies so they protest when they don't get their way and cry just like a spoiled 3y/o who was told "No."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

It was a rigged election. The FBI performed a military coup.

And some of us, when we see misjustice in OUR country, choose to fight.

That's why we are a country in the first place, and not a commonwealth.

• Jackboot
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

That Clinton has not yet been indicted and arrested for violating the Espionage Act says more about a rigged system than the FBI talking about her case while she's a candidate. Comey SHOULD have done more, in my opinion, than just talk. He should have referred Clinton's case to a grand jury.

• 3 years ago

Many have been chanting that Obama is not their president for the last 8 years.. There are many of idiots on both teams. They all have freedom of speech.

• Jackboot
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Freedom of speech is not the issue! The question is "why not just leave the country if you don't like the electoral process?"

• 3 years ago

This is because Americans love America.

• Jackboot
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

You can't logically love America while shunning its laws and its duly-conducted elections. Can't have it both ways!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.