Brandon asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 years ago

Rock & Pop: Donald Trump is the president of the United States now. What is your take on this?

Rock & Pop, I wanted to do something different tonight, so that I could talk about an extremely important issue in the United States that's going on right now. Currently, Hillary Clinton lost to Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election, and Trump is now the president of the United States. A lot of people has expressed anger, outrage & bewilderment over the results of the election, and it's clear that the results of this election will change America forever. What do you guys at Rock & Pop think about Trump being president of the United States?

BQ: What was your initial reaction to Trump becoming president?

BQ2: What do you think will happen to America in the future?

BQ3: Do you have any songs to share, that suit this important moment in American history?

BQ4: What are your thoughts on how people have expressed so much disappointment with this election?

Favorite Answer

A lot of people feel vindicated -- people in "flyover country" who were being crushed by Obama's statist policies and were tired of being ignored and slandered as idiots and bigots. I had no real dog in this race -- I wanted Rand Paul, and I would have been very happy with Cruz or Rubio. Both Trump and Clinton are progressives at heart -- I'd never vote for a criminal, and I didn't trust Trump enough to vote for him (I chose Johnson). But I did feel satisfaction at seeing all of the progressives weep and gnash their teeth -- a comeuppance was long overdue. I think Trump could do good things if he has good advisers and Congress holds his feet to the fire, so I'll give him a chance.

BQ1: Thought 1 -- "Yes, he beat that corrupt scumbag!" Thought 2 -- "What are we getting ourselves into?"

BQ2: America is strong and will persevere, but we have some troubling times ahead. Another recession is likely on the way, and things in the Middle East are only getting worse. The solution is small government, and if Trump doesn't follow that credo libertarians and conservatives will be blamed for the collapse and the Democrats will return to power for a long time. Thank God for a Republican Congress -- we need guys like Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and Mike Lee to fight for liberty and keep Trump accountable.

We've also seen that the two-party system is failing Americans -- we were left with a career criminal and a boor as our top choices. The Libertarians had a chance to make a big stand this year, but Gary Johnson was a weak-tea libertarian who didn't know how to present himself. If the Republicans don't become serious about small government and personal liberty, the Libertarian Party needs to make their stand in 2020 with a competent candidate.

BQ3: For peace of mind, I turn to this song a lot -- it always lifts me up. Regardless of their political views, I offer anyone who is confused and scared this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B4kw4oYI8k

Youtube thumbnail

BQ4: The people protesting are hypocritical morons. I don't approve of what Trump has said in the past, and I get why people are nervous, but again, I take great satisfaction in seeing all of the smug social justice warriors going crazy. #NotMyPresident? Weren't they saying last week that Trump was a traitor for saying he might question the results. Spare me the nonsense -- all the rioting and false cries of racism/sexism/etc. just shows that they'll never learn. They lost because they a) went too far down the Marxist hole, both in governance and culture, and b) they cried wolf about every Republican candidate, so that when an actual a$$hole ran, their attacks had lost all weight. You can't call half the country racist and stupid and expect them to vote your gal in.

• Danny

Hey, 'B. I've always found it best to keep politics and music quite separate, but whatever. Like a guy said this morning, the sun still came up today (Nov 9th).

Well, the same fine news organizations that couldn't do accurate polling will now endlessly go on about why things happened, and I will need to maintain my avoidance of 'same experts.

Unlike your prior point that " the results of this election will change America forever", I think the process of the election is likely to take years to get back to sanity. From the primaries through the present, it has been awful.

Yes, one I found while making lunch, 'seemed apropos for the day. (Love the bus, too.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG6w72Q-dUE

Youtube thumbnail

We seem to be stumbling into second-world politics, but, so far, without more than the usual gunfire. My biggest disappointment was seeing the best on both sides being driven out during the primaries. "We" got what we got.

• Staap It
      3 years agoReport

Ha ! 5 G s mysteriously appeared in my account yesterday. See, I won too. Hallie says I should INVEST my winnings in the Kleeenex Company, who supply millions of " cry babies ". Passed Med pot here too. Better then drunks that run red lights, Pot smokers stop at green lights. : )

• Hey Brandon,

Joy.

I believe a great deal can be achieved, and all these anti Trump campaigners need to sit back down and get behind him.

Yes. This one is dreamy and very pertinent lyrics, I think you will enjoy it.

The Radio Department- The New Improved Hypocrisy

https://youtu.be/xl11L9wgfB4

Youtube thumbnail

We need to get them out on the farms or in the military start issuing food stamps and let them appreciate what hard work and resilience can achieve. People should stop worrying about themselves and work for benefit of the nation.

• Binks

BQ1 Couldn't believe my ears (so much for a rigged election)

BQ2 Unsure, what does it all mean (Trump, the great white hope?)

BQ3 The Great American Novel - Larry Norman

https://youtu.be/3Jl1aoGbdAg

Youtube thumbnail

BQ4 A definite sign of the instability of this country. Just looking at the faces of those who feel they lost the election shows me that they thought they had already won and were devastated when they found out they didn't. I like to see how far these protests will go. Maybe civil war is coming.

trump is not president until january 20. this means we still have two months to prepare for world war 4

Hail Trump! Perish the Jews! And make America great again!

I HATE Donald Trump, he's not the best person in the world but i have to admit he can be a good leader. It's like: He's a bad person BUT he's a good leader and i think that's what we need, a good leader.

I'm elated! As a Yippie of the 70's it's a dream come true! F*ck the establishment! It's about time we got somebody other than a professional thief a.k.a. politician. When I see the endless wars, the massive US debt and the bi-partisan effort on NAFTA that has severely damaged our job base 'experienced' has become little more than a dangerous joke. Is this really the experience 'liberals' want more of? Not me.

Besides, who ever said Hillery was a liberal? I'll bet the "D" after her name fooled you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7KNQe68UR4

Youtube thumbnail

This section is for Rock and Pop, not politics put your question in the right section.

• Lolly

It is upsetting for a "supervoter" to be elected to vote for Clinton and then take it upon themselves to vote for Trump. I feel double crossed. So here is my song that sums up how I feel about my "great nation" which also answers all of your extra questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSa_hbutFt0

Youtube thumbnail

EMPTY