Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kyle
Kyle asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 years ago

Veterans and service members, what are your thoughts on last nights election?

Donald Trump is now President-elect.

Favorite Answer

I am just glad that Spillary did not win.

Though, I think that Trump is an @sshole that cannot keep his mouth shut; I also think that may be it takes an @sshole like him to turn this country around.

Canada does not have to worry about me moving over there. And now, I just hope that couple of the Canucks that I have to work with would pack up and move north of the border (the ones that constantly talk $hit about America; even though, they were educated, work, and live here. By the way, I cannot wait to go look for them during lunch break and give 'em $hit).

There's a few things here I think should be noted about Bill Clinton's term, even though he commited adultery. Much like most of his prediscescors, however he was literally caught with his pants down. Clinton reformed welfare with the Personal Responsibility and Opportunity to Work Act. Which forces people on welfare to work after two years, puts a 5 year cap on lifetime federal welfare, and made it illegal for undocumented immigrants to obtain benefits, this law also enacted the child support statute which enables local courts to go after owed child support for mothers/fathers when a public aid claim is filed by the parent. Before none of this existed. STATE laws superceede many of these federal laws and will continue to provide aid for non working parents over two years, illegals and file ext beyond 5 years. Trump is going to hurt our environment and economy, but, that being said, each state has proven it will enact its own laws to superceed federal laws and do so as it pleases.

I find it a touch disconcerting that a man who complained loudly that it was too hot on the CNN stage feels he can be great at leading the military.

I find it bothersome that our future commander in Chief practices disrespect so freely when respect is a key value amongst servicemembers.

I worry that we may increase the size of the military at the expense of other programs that could benefit the homeland more effectively than funding an E1 to go clean some dirt or having unused aircraft rotting in an airfield unused just because, "military."

I feel like the nation was just sold another dream without substance.

I've been a Libertarian since 1980 so I'm used to losing elections. One of the two candidates I opposed won. I'll get over it. I got over losing a lot of elections over the decades.

I was already a Libertarian by the time I was issued by Honorable Discharge in 1980. I thought about what my principles were. The principles the republic was founded on. I looked around for a party that matched those principles. I joined knowing the history of small parties.

I'd rather vote my principles and lose than waste my vote on parties I don't approve of. Others would rather vote for a candidate with a chance of winning than waste their vote on principles. We disagree on what counts as wasting. On topics like that, the majority wins.

• Rajon

I can't voice a firm opinon as I missed most of the election while in basic but my tech school roommates support Trump. Most people in Goodfellow also seem to support Trump as well.

I have yet to find a Clinton supporter here (they're most likely silent due to the Trump majority.)

There are people here who bash Trump as well.

Thank g0d that ***** isn't going to be starting any more wars.

But we'll have to watch 0bama put his Scorched Earth policies into effect for the next three months.

• ?

Frankly, I don't have any thoughts about the election. Just a different face come January.

As someone who held a TS/SCI clearance when I served I could not help but wonder what would have happened to me had I been "careless" with classified materials. We had Marines in my unit who were no longer allowed to enter the building because they had difficulty paying their bills on time.

I had also served with Marines who had been stationed at Camp David. The general consensus was that Hillary genuinely despised the military.

Trump would not have been my first choice, and I would have likely crossed party lines to vote for Jim Webb, but the hypocrisy of Hillary being Commander in Chief was too much.

Like many............I didn't care for either candidate, and didn't think EITHER deserved the office.

and as displeased as I was with the thought of Hillary winning.............

the fact that a Birther Moron will now lead the country.......is quite appalling.

But, if he can do half the sh*t he claims he can do................well, wasn't like Hillary was gonna change jacksh*t............so, as Trump's closing argument said.........

what the hell do we have to lose by giving him a shot?

Either choice was a loss for America. ...........so, sure, why not.........let's see what the Birther Moron can do.

I just wonder what time he will file his official protest about the "Rigged results"..............since 24 hours ago, he was swearing the Whole system was rigged.

But, oh...........since he won............I guess democracy now works, huh?

Good. Liberals have historically been LESS supportive of our military than have conservatives