How can you get brain cancer? On a 10 year old.?

My little sister's friend said she has brain cancer, but my sister told me she doesn't know why.

Best Answer

Cancer is a genetic abnormality. When a cell divides, it has to copy its DNA over. Sometimes there are screw ups in copying it over. And sometimes, that involves a specific set of screw ups which lead you to cancer.

Technically, we all have cancer every second of every day (our cells divide a lot, so there are a lot of screw ups) but our body's defenses destroy them before they grow out of control.

And some folks just don't have those defenses, some children too. Brain cancers and leukemia are two of the most common types of childhood cancer. It's not something the child does that causes it. It just happens. Cancer mostly strikes at random because of the nature of all the stuff I told you about and sometimes it strikes children.

• april

You can be born with brain cancer

• LAN

The odds are against it. It's possible but not likely. 10 year olds aren't none for their honesty.

Like anyone else does. Its a genetic mutation of the cells.