Need help explaining Steam (the gaming thing) ?

So i have to do an essay on netflix original content vs. steam original content. if I'm correct, steam don't do original content? but they are run by valve who do?

I could have no idea what I'm talking about, i would just like someone to help me please. Thank you

Favorite Answer

Steam is an online distribution service for and community for video games. It is owned by Valve, which is a video game developer. Valve has created its own games, most notably the Half Life and Portal games.

Steam has competitors, mainly Origin, which is run by EA, and almost exclusive carries EA's games, such as The Sims, or Madden.

Other game developers, whether they are large development houses, or individual developers, then sign agreements with Steam, Origin, or others, to have them carry their game.

If anything the business model Steam uses is closer to that of Google's Play Store, or Apple's iTunes Store.

• Lex

If you're writing an essay, 1. What are you doing here? Yahoo Answers is NOT creditable source of information. Ever. 2. What do you think we'll be able to do what you can't do yourself?

This is what I don't get. We live in an age where literally information is at your finger tips. Just a simple few keywords in a search engine and you suddenly have access to the world's knowledge. I find it very hard believe you can't find anything about it.

Isj

,ndbmndfbg

.....