Bruising, perfect blood work, then random sickness?

Best Answer

When someone has bruising because of leukemia or lymphoma (or multiple myeloma... these are the ONLY three cancers in which bruising may be a symptom), it is ONLY because their platelet count is very, very low. You had blood work that showed that your platelet count is normal. Therefore, any bleeding or bruising is NOT due to cancer.

(MY QUESTION, NOT LETTING ME EDIT) I went to the walk in clinic the other day for bruising I've had for a couple months (it's got worse) and heavy bleeding.. he said he couldn't do anything and scared me with how I could have blood diseases or leukemia.. well I went over to the ER cause I was just freaked out and wanted to know what was going on. He did a full blood count with diff, liver test, tested to see if I was low on vitamins, he came back and said everything was perfect. (His words) well that night I went home and my whole body started to ache, and I got a low fever that only lasted a few hours until I took meds and then it never came back. Well since then I just haven't felt well, I feel really sick when I eat, my cheeks get flushed, I get random pains through out my body and I have been going to the bathroom like crazy. I have a severe severe hypochondriac, I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Could this all be from stress of worrying I may have cancer still? Or maybe I picked up a bug? I just need some sort of answer. I see my OBGYN Monday for the bleeding. I just feel like maybe it's not leukemia, it may be lymphoma, or any other cancer. I feel like I'm going crazy. I also breast feed my daughter, and bleed a lot due to my birth control. I have the arm implant

• LAN

Hypochondria and a childish need for attention.

Hypochondria and anxiety would be my first guess.

The Flu