Do you get angry if someone cannot speak your language properly?

I will start with my own case:

Even though I am Chinese, I am not so fluent in Mandarin, let alone fully understand the national Bahasa Melayu (Malay) of my home country, or my native Cantonese, because I did not have the time to learn these as I studied in a private school.

If people cannot speak Mandarin or Cantonese properly, I mostly would not mind, although I would gently correct them (especially in Mandarin). But I do not like people who cannot speak English properly, with unnecessary particles like "lah", "loh", "one" typical of low-class Malaysian street slang -- people like them were among the reasons why I refused to learn my Chinese language, because I used to think that if I learn Chinese, I will become as foolish as them.

What about you? Do you get angry if people cannor speak your language properly? If so, then why?

Thank you for your opinions.

• Werbie
    Favorite Answer

Are you kidding me?

I love the Malaysian slang, it sounds really familiar and casual to me, and like the person is comfortable around me, so I like it when someone speaks so casually in a Malaysian accent to me.

The only thing I get annoyed on if I can't understand them and they can't understand me. That does not have anything to do with what language either of us is speaking. Some older people are very difficult to talk to because I talk low and they can't hear me (which I don't blame them but they don't have to get mad at me).

I get angry when watching badly subtitled Chinese films where the persons mouth moves and no sound or sound and no mouth movement in my own language.

• No. It's not their fault.

No. I appreciate the effort and their willingness to learn.

No.

Why are all of your questions so long?

• ?

Why would i ?