Do you get angry if someone cannot speak your language properly?

I will start with my own case: Even though I am Chinese, I am not so fluent in Mandarin, let alone fully understand the national Bahasa Melayu (Malay) of my home country, or my native Cantonese, because I did not have the time to learn these as I studied in a private school. If people cannot speak Mandarin or... show more I will start with my own case:

Even though I am Chinese, I am not so fluent in Mandarin, let alone fully understand the national Bahasa Melayu (Malay) of my home country, or my native Cantonese, because I did not have the time to learn these as I studied in a private school.

If people cannot speak Mandarin or Cantonese properly, I mostly would not mind, although I would gently correct them (especially in Mandarin). But I do not like people who cannot speak English properly, with unnecessary particles like "lah", "loh", "one" typical of low-class Malaysian street slang -- people like them were among the reasons why I refused to learn my Chinese language, because I used to think that if I learn Chinese, I will become as foolish as them.

What about you? Do you get angry if people cannor speak your language properly? If so, then why?

Thank you for your opinions.
7 answers 7