Anna asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 years ago

What happens if I use Tor or Touchvpn?

First of all, I hear they're legal in the US.

The one and only reason I was thinking of using those now is because I have really strict parents who'd only kick me out over things I take part in. What else can people in my situation do? And yes, I am over 18, but I've struggled with Lyme disease for 2 years and currently working on moving out.

Anyway, the things I would do are:

1) I'm in the BDSM community and I do go on BDSM social/dating websites.

2) I'm a medical marijuana patient and I look up information on dispensaries and go on medical marijuana forums.

3) BDSM videos.

I have to keep those things secret. I'll admit I have used safari for those things before, but now my anxiety about them checking is getting worse, and I had to stop this.

If I use those things and my parents try to look up my history, I know they couldn't see my history, *but* could they see that I was using Tor or Touchvpn? If I use their wifi? If I'm elsewhere and don't have wifi and just use my cellular data?

• Dave
    Favorite Answer

There are no legal issues whatsoever in using a VPN. Unless they are incredibly snoopy, you should be fine with them.

• Anna3 years agoReport

Thank you.
      They could see that the incoming and outgoing traffic is encrypted and their minds would wonder? Is that why I'm still at a slight risk?

For the most part unless if they're knowledgeable with computing and "snoopy" like Dave mentioned, you should be okay.

• Nick

d