Randy
Randy asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 years ago

What win happen if a person burn an American flag in front of the united States military?

• TomB
    Favorite Answer

Nothing...the US Military takes an Oath to Defend the Constitution, not interpret it.

The US Supreme Court decided in 1989 that Flag Burning falls under Free Speech.

Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), was a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that invalidated prohibitions on desecrating the American flag enforced in 48 of the 50 states. Justice William Brennan wrote for a five-justice majority in holding that the defendant Gregory Lee Johnson's act of flag burning was protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Johnson was represented by attorneys David D. Cole and William Kunstler.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

• Jim

That would depend on the law of the land where it happened since American troops cannot be used inside the United States.

You mean like walking out on the Grinder in front of a battalion of military in formation............... probably nothing except that you get escorted off base.

if you do it on a city street with your BLM bros, it might get taken from you forcefully and have you be used as the means of putting it out.

BTW- your flogging your You-Tube channel on every answer you give is a violation of Terms of Service.

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/answers?show=F7...

I know I would get pissed off because it's disrespectful towards me and others like me who risked their lives so that morons like that could have the freedom to do that. I woudn't assault kick his a** however,it's not worth it,I don' want to end up in jail because of someone like that

Source(s): US MARINE CORPS 2003-2007

It is LEGAL to burn a Us Flag

• Mike

I was a Marine for six years. I would nod to their freedom of speech. They can do that. It's fine.

You are a girly man to find the Kardashians attractive. Are there other TALENTLESS, PLASTIC-SURGERY RIDDEN celebrities that you fancy?

• Randy

I meant will happen sorry

Nothing but hopefully will take your *** down

they might get picked up by the police and thrown in jail