How did countries like Syria and Iraq, countries with great history have turned upside down?

I'm a sophomore at high school and we were recently studying about the history of the Abbassid caliphate which is know as Iraq in the modern day and some other parts of middle east, And how Salahuddin won the battle over the crusades, and those ancient people of middle east were unified, I mean we were all living in peace, although there were wars of course. but now a days, i just hear the word terrorists directing to muslims and stuff.. I mean, i just dont get it. How did we come from a great united nation to ISIS???? Iraq hates kuwait, kuwait hates iraq, saudi arabia hates yemen, yemen hates saudi arabia, saudi arabia hates iraq, iraq hates saudi arabia, lebanon hates syria, syria hates lebanon, lebanon hates palestine, palestine hates lebanon, egypt hates palestine, palestine hates egypt.... COME ON MANN WHY THE HATE.. WHY DID WE EVER TEAR APART? WHY DONT WE RETURN ALL TO ONE LIKE WE ONCE USED TO??????

Favorite Answer

Ahh now you are understanding the background and history of muslims world. I believe you will get the answers when you read how British and the French came forcefully into the Arab world, and how it ended up dividing. You will encounter the famous white paper of Palestine, the rise of Bath party and so forth.

Start off from when the Ottoman Empire lost its power around the Arab region and uptill now. Believe me, you will find the answers. I have specifically done historical studies as my past time to understand the basis of the conflicts in Arab world.

Yea its sad, especially how Transjordan consisted of Syria, Iraq, Jordan etc all got divided up after British came...

Its a sense of hypocrisy those who uphold British should understand the blood they have in their hands which have accumulated in killing innocent people.

If you wish I can guide you to certain books for reading.

Ma'salama

301

The Syrian and Iraqi states don't have that long a history, they date back to the end of the first world war when they split from the Ottoman Empire into French and British spheres of influence.

Essentially they are artificially carved states. Iraq consists of Sunni and Shia Arabs, Kurds and Turkmen. I think that in the future it will split up along ethnic lines.

Syria has it's own ethnic mix and may well possibly do the same.

Salam Because in those countries were impacted by foreign US interference

Muslims are so funny. They are absolutely desperate to find even a tiny thing to be proud about so they look 1000 years into the past. Pathetic

Allah cleans up Arabs from munafiqeen. This is very good for us, Muslims. This war selects the true Muslims over the fake one. Saudi just announced their intention to attack also Mosul cooperate with USA in killing sunni there.

• 3 years agoReport

Ur brain is damaged

There you go again..blame the USA blame the british and french.

the truth is..arab mentality are behind the west in brains and inventions and order

The problem is the split between the Sunnis and Shites. 1200 years later, this is the result.

Lepanto. The European surge in technology and subsequent wealth.

Ask American governors about that.Cause for every Arab that dies it's the fault of every American that votes.