Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 3 years ago

I m a bigger guy( 6 5) looking to buy a concealed carry gun. Want to get one that won t be tiny in my hands but not too big to conceal.?

Favorite Answer

You may need to exclude from consideration heavy artillery like the Smith 29 and the Ruger Redhawk (and even the Alaskan version of the latter might not be out of the question!), but at your size, unless you're particularly thin, you need not limit yourself to single-stack 9 mm's.

One of my favorite carry guns is a SIG P320 subcompact, but if I had the extra inches, I'd probably opt for the compact configuration. There's a ton of options for you, so you only need to try a bunch to see what feels good to you. Personally, I'm picky about triggers. If I were buying a Glock, for instance, I'd buy from the guy around the corner and have him do a trigger job (or replacement) before I even picked it up. I'm willing to spend a little more for H&K, SIG, or (not yet, but I'm thinking about it) Walther, for their better triggers. You may have different preferences: the sights may be a bigger issue for you. With so many choices, though, you have perhaps too many great options.

Why don't you go to a gun store and actually look at and handle some real guns?

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

I 2nd that.

• C T M

It would be a good idea for you to go to a gunshop and handle guns there to get a good idea of what you like.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

10-4

Ruger LC9 is small.. 7clipper. put into your vest pocket(large).

The Ruger SR9 17clipper, need holster&belt combo. The more clothes I have on, the easier it is to carry the SR9 without it being so obvious. Don't ever chamber a round, unless you intend to use it.

• Coffee Drinker
      3 years agoReport

"7clipper" "17clipper" ?? Are you illiterate or intentionally trying to sound like a moron?