Vikram asked in SportsBoxing · 3 years ago

Life of Muhammad Ali after being diagnosed with Parkinson's.?

I've been looking on the Muhammad Ali website looking at his accomplishments in and out of the round but the website doesn't go into detail about after his retirement and being diagnosed with parkinsons. I was just wondering if anyone had any good links to websites with more information, or could provide me with more information with his accomplishments and life after that.

Favorite Answer

Even after Ali was diagnosed with Parkinsons, he later on would lit the 96 Olympics Torch. Watch it,it was one of the most poignant moment in sports history. You can hear the crowd shouting, Ali, Ali, Ali. It probably was the largest attendance Ali ever appeared into with that jam packed stadium of no less than 100,000 people. I recall what I read wayback that Atlanta Olympics. Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali were the last choices of the IOC to light the torch. Ofcourse we know it was Ali who's chosen but drama before that was akin to a boxing build up. Smokin Joe would later comment " For 3 decades, this man tormented me and now he'll be chosen over me to light the torch". I wasnt born during Ali's boxing days but my grandpa who raised me up(a prizefighter himself) had no other names to tell me when I was still a toddler but Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and the fab four. During the lighting of the torch, it was said that Ali burned his hands. Well Ali indeed struggled on that one but knowing Ali, this man aint gonna quit. There's simply no quit in him. You can watch also the part where Ali received a gold medal during the Dream Team II match. Ali lost that gold he won in 1960 Olympics. The organizers deemed it necessary to be replaced. If you're familiar with the Dream Team, those are superstars of superstars all in one team and they all were in awe with the far greater man being honored. Starstruck is the word and that day all the stars bowed down to the man once known as the most recognizable man in the planet. Thy name is Muhammad Ali.

He had all the latest treatment possibly stem cells as well