Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 years ago

I was given detention for something unfair?

So in math the teacher sit me next to a really hot girl (im in 12th grade) and during class I couldnt take it anymore, and just leaned over and sniffed her hair then i realized everyone saw, even the teacher. The girl was giggling but the teacher was angry, he yelled "4 hours detention, afterschool! You will be here at 2:35!" and i was really embaressed. Then i went up to him after class and said "im just a boy, i cant help it" and he looked in my schedule and said "looks like you have 5th period free as well! Now your gonna come to my classroom for 5th period." I obeyed and came. The girls name is andrea, and i had to write "I'm sorry andrea and im sorry to Mr. Johnson's 3rd period class for distrupting the class" 250 times. It was tiring and then there was still 10 minutes left of the period so I had to scrape gum off the tables. Then afterschool I had to sit with my head up in front of my teachers desk doing NOTHING for 4 hours (thats the maximum amount of time you can get a detention on Mon-Th, its 5 hours friday) Anyways, is this fair???

Favorite Answer

Is it fair? No, however many things in life are unfair and you need to become accustomed to that. Also, your gender is not an excuse to randomly sniff people's hair, and you're lucky that the girl wasn't creeped out by it.

• Alain3 years agoReport

She may have chosen to act "lady-like" and not acknowledge the hormonally challenged man-wannabe's gross advances and instead rely on the teacher to rescue her as her knight in shining armor. Good thing her boyfriend wasn't there.

Sorry but I think it is fair. You being a boy does not excuse things like that, you could have left that girl feeling really messed up and embarrassed, she may have not cared but other girls will. You need to learn to control yourself you can't just say "I'm a boy" and get away with no punishment. What you did was really weird, and can be considered sexual harassment.

Um just don't do it

Because the admin will never let you do this

The girl wasn't even offended and

She wasn't mad that you invaded her privacy

But for him to go crazy on you making you do all hay is nonsense

Take whatever punishment you can get from the principals

• Joel M

Not only was the punishment unfair it it illegal in most states to make the student do the writing or scrapping of gum off the desk.The four hours for your offense is ridiculous. I would report this to the administration or school board if your facts are really true.

I would ask Andrea out on a date. Maybe she will feel pity on you and say yes!

• Amy

So just because you're a boy you shouldn't get punished? Grow up.

There are no words that can describe how idiotic you sound right.

• Alain3 years agoReport

I assure you, there are such words, but YA! won't let us effing use them.