Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 3 years ago

Are immune system problems a common leukemia symptom?

My doctor says my immune system isn't functioning and I'm getting blood work done Monday. Is this a common symptom of leukemia? What else can cause your immune system not to work?

Best Answer

Just wait for your results. It can be anything, but doesn't mean it will be something terrible. Cancer shouldn't even cross your mind. It's not a good idea to look up possible symptoms cause it'll drive you crazy. You think it and then your start feeling things that aren't happening. For all you know it can be a slight vitamin deficiency that your immune system lacks. And with that you'll have to drink orange juice or something idk.... Not too bad. Don't worry, your gonna be fine. Don't stress yourself out. There's another reason. STRESS! Relax. You're good.

Leukemia is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal white cells. When white blood cells are tampered with, (Generally) the cells won't fight disease properly making you more susceptible to disease. It is important to understand that white blood cells are what protect you from disease, Leukemia modifies those cells make them unable to fight infection or can cause not enough red blood cells in the bone marrow, causing shortness of breath or even impaired healing functions.

If you do have Leukemia, then the doctor would recommend chemotherapy of Immunotherapy. Not scaring you, just giving you my opinion.

Auto immune diseases are common - lupus, thyroid problems, arthiritis.

• LAN
  • april

What evisence has he given you to support his opinion?