Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Wiggins asked in SportsBaseball · 5 years ago

In your opinion, how many ace pitchers (right now) are underrated at the same time?

Chris Sale? Masahiro Tanaka? Corey Kluber?

Favorite Answer

If a pitcher is considered to be an "ace" he cannot be underrated. I think what you mean is how many ace pitchers are unpublicized, and the answer is plenty. Basically, any pitcher who doesn't play in New York, Boston, or Los Angeles or San Francisco, gets little to no mention in the national media.

You hear more about Clayton Kershaw than you do Max Scherzer, you heard more about the Mets pitchers early in the year than you did about the pitchers in Chicago or Cleveland, and you hear more about David Price than you do Justin Verlander.

I don't consider Taka Tanaka to be an ace -- he's the best that starter the Yankees have but that's not saying much -- so I'd say that there are about a baker's dozen of truly outstanding pitchers in baseball -- pitchers who have had extended success -- and you only really hear about 3 or 4 of them on a regular basis.

That means guys like Scherzer, Sale, Lester, Kluber, Keuchel, and Wainwright are, for the most part, unnoticed unless they throw a no-hitter or their team makes the playoffs.

The media are idiots.

I was thinking about this the other day I would probably say 12-17 Legitemae Aces

• ?

None, if they are considered to be an ace they can't be underrated.

Source(s): common sense

Rich Hill

Jake deGrom

67%.