John
Lv 4
John asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 3 years ago

I want to run for Representative of the US House when I'm 25. What can I do to get elected?

I wanna be a congressman, but I don't want to waste time going through local because I want to make a change as soon as I can. I want to try going national right after college (which I'm going to major in political science). Currently I'm 15, so I would run in 2026. I would run for Ohio's 16th District as a Republican (our current Representative is Jim Renacci, Republican). What could I do to get elected? I really want this.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • night
    Lv 6
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should volunteer for campaigns by members of your party that you admire. You will need a lot of inside support and luck to get elected right out of college. You should try to have management positions in campaigns while you are in college to help you develop a base and resume.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Well, holding local office might help. It's not required, and there are plenty of people who are elected to Congress without holding previous elected office. But serving in government gives you some experience to tout when you run and it also gives you contacts which can help you.

Lv 7
    3 years ago

Learn how to lie , cheat, and learn corruption. Honesty get to in last place. There is no place for honesty in politics

• John
      Lv 4
      3 years agoReport

Actually, that's my campaign. I want to bring an end to the lies and bring betterment for all Americans.

• 3 years ago

You won't get it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.