What part of this car is this?

I think it is part of the cooling (radiator) system, because what I think is coolant in steam form is leaking out of it when the car begins to overheat.


Attachment image

3 Answers

  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer
  • Tony
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

    Would help if we knew what car we were looking at. It LOOKS like it can be a diverter valve; but it could also be some sort of thermostatic control. I've never seen a diverter valve like that before but that doesn't mean anything.

  • Tom
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

    If they're vacuum hoses then it could be a one way valve.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.