Any Bible verses that might apply to this woman?

My ex and I are still friends. His grandma is extremely religious and is always bragging about how she is a born-again Christian and holier than most. She is an immigrant from Europe, has lived here in America about 40 years, and seems to hate everyone. She hates gay peope (says they are "f@gg*ts" who should all die), hates Jews (says Hitler should have killed them all), told me the reason my ex has felonies is because I'm half black (he had multiple felonies way before I met him whereas I am a law-abiding citizen with a good job and no criminal record so there is no correlation), she says she hates every black person in the world. She is very quick to anger, screams at her grandson and her daughter all the time. She lives off government money but scolds others who do (I never have). She makes up lies about people. Basically she is an extremely hateful woman who pretends to be a perfect Christian. Yet, she doesn't even go to church - ever. Can anyone learned on The Bible tell me some good passages that may apply to this pseudo-Christian hypocrite? Thank you in advance.

• Smokie

She sounds a lot like my ex mother in law. She is a Lutheran whore who's family immigrated from Germany. She hates Jews, Catholics, Blacks, Mexicans, Indians and other dark people. Her 8 children have 3 different fathers. One of those 8 was born outside of holy matrimony and fathered by a married man who was a close friend of the recent ex husband. She considers herself sin free as she points out how terrible others are. I don't know about bible verses applying to this type of woman but it seems way too common.

The person you described is an angry, hateful, and self-loathing person. She is using religion as a justification for her hatred. I sincerely doubt there is a single verse in the Bible, or in any other book, that would compel her to change. Years of intensive psychotherapy might, but even that presupposes a willingness to change, which is not evident from what you described. Best course of action is to avoid at all costs, and when that is not possible, do not engage in any way. You cannot win with someone like this. And people like that are not worthy your time. Believe me.

Why?

If this account is real, and accurate, then quoting her a bible verse will have zero effect on her. There are big tracts in the Gospels about not judging and being nice to people, and forgiving people that she is ignoring. Why will one more verse about women change how she acts.

If your account is real and accurate, then she is a bitter old xenophobic bigot. not because she has come to that position through thought and reason, but because that is the way she was raised and chose to be. She will use whatever she can to justify her position, and will ignore anything that refutes it.

Trying to refute her position though argument is pointless because you are not playing by the same rules.

• .

Yes.

Leviticus 20:13

Matt 24:51;2 Tim 3:5;Matt 7:21-23;1 John 3:15;John 8:44;Matt 5:44;Matt 22:38

Source(s): jw.org read the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? chps 12,15

You won't change a person with a cold-heart with Bible verses. Just be an example of Jesus' teachings.

Matthew 6:1-7 where is talks about stop judging or you will be judge to the same degree that you judge.

Jesus example alone should cause one to be kind to others just like he was.

The one about tying her to a millstone and dropping her in the sea does seem appropriate.

Don't READ it to her.

DO it to her.

But the story, as you posted it, seems a bit trollish.

• Gary B

ONE person does not represent the views of a whole community.

Unlike the Pope, however.

and Jesus was a white, middle eastern man.

there is no point trying to change someones mind when they are that set in their religious bigotry.