2006 Corolla Supercharger?

I just got a 2006 Corolla, 1.8l vvti

I'm looking to make a pretty decent build with it so supercharger came in mind. Where can I find one for it, I searched and all this other crap pops up, not showing me where to get it. I'm guessing TRD would be best. Anyhow can anyone please point me the right direction lol thanks.

Favorite Answer

If I remember correctly, that should be the same 1.8l that is in the 2000 to 2005 celica GT. There are many kits for that car, but since they are different under-hood configurations, a kit made for a celica is not a direct swap into a corolla. i.e. you will need to custom fit whatever you buy, but finding a kit made for the right engine will be a great start.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to do an engine swap. Even though it would be an older engine (which wouldnt fly in California) dropping a 1.8l VVTLI engine would be a pretty decent power boost and might be a better platform to start enhancing from there. In fact, there are corollas from 2005 and 2006 (model trim is XRS) which had the Celica VVTLI engines from the factory. The only issue you would run into is if your car is an automatic, as the VVTLI came with a 6 speed manual. A supercharged 1.8l VVTi can push around 190hp when properly tuned. A stock 1.8l VVTLI from a celica is rated at 180hp, and then a supercharger on that will bump it up to around 270hp or more.

What it comes down to is $$$. How much do you want to spend, and how quick do you wanna be? The easiest and cheapest bang for your buck is the VVTLI swap. This will require the least amount tuning and will provide the best reliability.

All Corollas that vintage used the VVTi 1.8 liter. There were two different ones. The XRS used the 2ZZGE engine used int the Celca GT-S and Lotus Elise. It was good for 170 hp; The Corolla S, LE and CE used the 1ZZFE from the Celica GT, which had milder cams and lower compression and were rated at 130 hp. TRD used to make a supercharger for the 1ZZFE but it was offered for the 2003-2004 model year. Check out some Celica for the TRD kit. they were really expensive new and that might be why it wasn't a big seller. Oddly, the 2ZZGE was only offered s a 6 speed manual on the Corolla XRS; but had an automatic option on the Celica GT-S. Anyway, it's an 11 year old car. I would recommend building the engine if you plan to do forced induction.

• As i mentioned in my post, the 1zz is VVTI, the 2zz is VVTLI. They are different engines, more than just milder cams and lower compression. The 2zz uses a head designed by yamaha and at high rpms a solenoid engages a higher lift cam. The engines are both 1.8l, but have different bore and stroke.

Superchargers are a lot more involved to install on an engine. They must run off a pulley and pressurize the throttle body. You should have bought a Buick or Mustang if you wanted a supercharger. Maybe you can turbocharge your Corolla and good luck.

Sell that and buy a Grand prix gtp impala ss buick park ave ultra anything with the god-like 3800 with blower

Much cheaper and more sensible to trade it in for a more powerful car. Even if you achieve it, which I doubt, it will shorten the engine life and your insurance will be sky high assuming it is insurable.

• John3 years agoReport

I'm not asking if it will be practical. But thank you for..... whatever