Why do I itch so much?

When I wake up and lay down I just have to lay for 10 minutes and just scratch. I just itch all over. Plus idk if this means anything but I also get these weird purple marks (kinda like scratches but it doesn't cut into my skin but more like a mix of a bruise and stretch mark) and there's a lot of them. They'll be their for a couple days and just disappear and show up somewhere else on my face. Usually it's on my cheek but then it moves to under my jaw and throat. I also get purple circles on my legs/thighs. Like what's going on?

Best Answer

I can't give you a great answer here, as the symptoms could be caused by a wide variety of things. Mind that my opinion and anyone's medical opinion (aside from your physician) should be taken with a grain of salt.

However, these purple marks sound like petechiae. These are marks caused by minor bleeding under the skin. They can be indicative of things like anemia, or more serious disorders such as leukemia. That being said, you probably have dry skin which causes itching and then your scratching then causes the petechiae.

If symptoms persist, get worse, or new symptoms develop - well a visit to your doctor doesn't hurt ;)

Sounds like some type of dermatitis, did you change laundry detergents or get new bedding recently, or sometime before noticing this starting to happen? It could be dust mites that many people are allergic too. As for the mysterious marks, they could be the allergic reaction itself, or you also could be scratching in your sleep and leaving marks. Does it happen anytime you lay down anywhere, or just in your bed?

This is what some of the ines in my leg look like. The ones on my face are like purple blue long marks

• Megan

Go to the hospital, now. Seriously.