Holly
Holly asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 years ago

Ada, Ruby or Jane? Why?

Favorite Answer

Ada --> An old, strong, but sweet name. Very nice, not so common & ages well.

I think Ruby is cute/sweet also and comes a close 2nd. Nothing wrong with Jane, just more plain i guess & i dont find it as nice as the other 2.

Jane.

A lot of people are saying it's too plain, BUT I think it's a timeless name. It works for a newborn baby girl, + for a sweet elderly lady, and grows with a person. Ruby/Ada are beautiful on their own, but Ruby is becoming really trendy, and Ada is a lesser known, but unique kind of trendy name. Jane is just a classic. Love them all though!

• layla

Ruby

• Marie

Ada: easy to pronounce, it's pretty, not as common as Ava. Gorgeous.

Ruby: stunning. I love it.

Jane: it's plain

Ruby. I like the name Ada a lot, but I think you would experience a lot of pronunciation and spelling issues if you used this name. Some people will pronounce it (ah-duh) while others will say (ay-duh). However, if this doesn't bother you, then I say it's a great name. Just be prepared to have to correct people a lot. Jane is alright, but I think it's a little boring. I personally prefer it as a middle name. Jade is nice though! I like Ruby because it's cute and charming and has a vintage flair to it. Hope this helps!

• Paula

Torn between Ruby and Jane. I adore them both. I'll go with Ruby bc its so classic and sweet

• Sheena

Ruby, because I think it’s the cutest.

Ada is ok, but not that cute IMO.

Jane is ok too, but has always sounded very plain to me.

• Ada :)

Simple, classy & a little bit uncommon. It's memorable, it's beautiful, it's timeless.

• S

they are all just too plain for me okay as middle names.