I'm having some issues with a corrupted file in my Dell laptop (Windows 7).?

I'm having some issues with a corrupted file in my Dell laptop (Windows 7). Recently, I got a new game called "The Sims 4", and I had been downloading mods. Today, I couldn't open up my game due to a specific mod I downloaded, which is a corrupt file. I cannot rename, delete, move, or do practically anything to this one file. I scanned my computer but it couldn't fix the error. When I try to delete the file, it says, "An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file. If you continue to see this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".

Favorite Answer

Redo the file name in....... "SAFE MODE"

• Sabri4 years agoReport

Sorry, I'm not the smartest of people. What is "Safe Mode", and how would you open it?

boot a clean os so the file is not being opened already. use Hiren's 15.2. at a command prompt you must first run chkdsk/f to fix and sort out any possible file system errors. once you have done that you can either delete the whole folder. or just rename the whole folder. or delet the single file, or change its name eg change its extension to a unknown type such as XXX. if this causes the pc not to start, maybe copy a whole folder for another add on, and rename each part to pretend to be the damaged one. or just copy one file over the top. once you have done what you need to do, restart with the proper OS.