Wrazler asked in HealthMental Health · 4 years ago

Is there a method to ease anxiety/stress that is just like taking a hot shower?

I've been looking for a way to reduce anxiety/stress in the same manner that a hot shower does. I can't take multiple showers because it's began to harm my skin.

Meditation never helped at all

Meditation works for people but it's an option.

I used to have anxiety for 9 months and I was freaking out when I went outside the house and literally was in trouble when the anxiety kicked in. Like it came at me out of nowhere. I was prescribed Buspar to calm down my anxiety. But then on my last refill, I decided to fight back and looked at my life. I discovered a few interesting points.

1. The mind and body is connected. So when I looked at my eating, it was poor and it was full of high sodium, fructose corn syrup and sugar. I mostly ate junk food and less healthy food. I even drank more coffee and sodas than water.

The only thing I did about it was to change my eating into a clean healthy diet that included a lot of good healthy food and drank more water. I dumped all of the junk and sodas and coffee because it caused my anxiety.

2. Exercise. I was a couch potato and spent hours on TV and computer. All of that unused energy turned into anxiety. All I had to do was exercise. Exercising causes the natural endorphin to come out and calm the brain down and along with that, Anxiety goes down too.

So in my opinion, you can go to a doctor and get a prescribed drug to control anxiety like (Buspirone, Xanex, etc.) or you can start changing your eating and exercise. Most people don't know but exercise is the only way. And of course, there are yoga and meditation. But it's up to you.

Also I recommend to go look up Noah Elkrief on YouTube. He specializes in General Anxiety and Social Anxiety.

Meditation. Trust me, I used to have the worst type of anxiety. Constantly worrying about the worst and most irrational things. I started to practice meditation and it has done me wonders. You don't need to be "spiritual" or into any of that. It's just a practice of calming your mind. Soon you won't need to practice so much of calming your mind. It will just be more clear all the time or filled with positive thoughts.

• Emma

Meditation

• DeAnne

Tell a dr. how you feel. There are good meds for anxiety/stress.

Lavender bubble baths are the best things ever, lavender scents of anything will help