skye asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 years ago

help with downloading on the windows 10 default browser?

I have a dell latitude E5400 with windows 10. I cant download anything on google or the default windows 10 internet browser. whenever I click a download link, nothing downloads. there's no notification or download bar that shows me its downloading. it just doesn't download anything. ive tried downloading fl studio and google chrome and nothing downloads. when I tried to download chrome on the google app, as soon as I hit the download button, the window closed and went to the default windows 10 internet browser. it didn't download. how can I fix this?

Favorite Answer

What are you trying to download. And if you were trying to download another browser just check your Downloads folder.

• Joe
      4 years agoReport

One way to get around it is to launch Edge, options, reset it to defaults. Try downloading again. If you have access to another PC, download Chrome, put it on USB. Install Chrome from USB, make Chrome default browser. I would never use Win 10. Not even DX12 is enough for me to allow spyware on my PC