Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

It's been 4 years since the Christians got behind an end of the world date en mass. Shouldn't they be coming up with the next one soon?

I didn't catch the missing "e" until I checked the answers. Yes, I know better, and it was a de facto typographical error. Thank you for the erratum notice.

Best Answer

En Masse -- Mass is a different word. If you are going to be a hater be a good-spelling hater.

I want to set a new calendar . Since Jesus was actually born during the 7-6 BC Bethlehem Star event , and since I turned 50 in 1994 I think the year zero should have begun on December 22 , 1994 . And that makes exactly 2000 years since Jesus' year of his birth .

There's at least one every year. Of course the only end of the world that could happen is by asteroid. All other "world ends" still would most likely have humans and the earth intact

Nope. Even Jesus didn't know when God, his father, would send him back. However, a prophet of God, Ezra Taft Benson, told a Young Adult conference I attended in the 80s that mine is the generation that must be prepared to meet Christ. Give him 30 years or so.

en masse?

The number of Christians that actually believed that 2012 would be the end of the world is definitely just a fraction. Nowhere close to being the entirety of Christendom.

It's a scam

• David

The last big end of the world prophecy I can recall was in 2011 by Harold Camping. almost no one got behind this prophecy. Certainly no Christian I know did.

I still remember the big rapture event and our sadness when it didn't happen.

This news report captured my feelings exactly.

Don't make me watch it again, I nearly cry every time.

https://youtu.be/f9KlMWzKj4s

Youtube thumbnail

CHRISTIANS DON'T SET A DATE FOR CHRIST COMING BACK SO YOU ARE LYING ABOUT IT. THE BIBLE VERY PLAINLY STATES NO MAN KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR GOD THE FATHER ONLY KNOWS. SO TAKE YOUR LIES AND SHOVE THEM

Not true, and no. And nobody knows exactly when the end will come.

Source(s): www.JW.org