What’s your opinion about Jeremy Corby’s success on labor party’s re-election?

What’s your opinion about Jeremy Corby’s success on labor party’s re-election?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Jeremy Corbyn now has a bigger mandate than when he was first elected, but I was surprised that Owen Smith still managed to get nearly a couple of hundred thousands votes. Even so, Owen still lost by a long way, and the Blairites will have to sort something out with Jeremy because he won't be going until he loses an election, and even then he still might have the support of members if he at least makes improvements at the next general election. The tories weren't going to dump Michael Howard after the 2005 election because he improved their share of the vote significantly then, it was his decision to quit.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

From his interview with Andrew Mar today I saw a man who has throughout his long political career stuck firmly to his belief in fairness and equality in society, which is no bad thing. Add to this the fact that he speaks plainly, has no time for spin and showed his teeth when facing Theresa May down on the Grammar Schools issue. I think that should he be able to bring the currently fractured Parliamentary Labour MP's together into a force for change and a real opposition to the probably more fractured and disorganized Tories who have to deal with the implications of BREXIT Labour could be entering a period of real opportunity. His real strength is his integrity and no one, including those who disagree with his leadership has questioned this. Whether he can become Prime Minister is anyone's guess but with the party fully behind him I believe that it is possible.

• 4 years ago

Entirely predictable. The party will be more like Labour of the 1960's. What they need to work on though is attacting young people who aren't political activisits with an agenda.

It dosn't mean they will not be in government for the next 15 years either; the Conservaties may fracture again over the Europe... what kind of Brexit means Brexit etc?

• Twitter#174 years agoReport

http://www.jeremycorbyn.org.uk/

• 4 years ago

To be honest, I don't think this country has a decent opposition any more. No one in Labour stands out,do they? Who's going to keep the Tories on their toes?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Corbyn has secured his own enlarged salary as Leader of the Shadow Government but he and his naïve MP's are no more electable than the LibDems.

• snafu
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Labour won't see power for a very long time. The Tories have been effectively handed a pass until the penny drops for Labour.

• David
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

tories win next 2 elections Corbyn goes but lots of surporters have gone to libs and green ..labour damaged for 25years..next labour gov after 2050

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

irrelevant really. Labor will never win an election with him as leader

• 4 years ago

He will give Theresa May a hard time over Brexit

• 4 years ago

Great as it means Labour will never be re-elected with him in charge.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.