Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Why is Colin Kaepernick complaining while doing nothing and not getting his hands dirty?

I live on. The south side of Chicago, I'm black (huh surprising lol) But the thing is, people "fighting" don't change jackshit. You can't just speak and expect people to follow. My neighbor literally deals drugs, so if people are nice to us (black) he's just gonna quit cold turkey? No white man ever told him to sell drugs or ruin his life, I mean I've seen white people get harassed just because they're white in sketchy hoods. Im gonna plan on moving in about a year cause gangs are rolling in on my neighborhood and it's getting bad. I've never seen racism against blacks here, cause if you say **** like that no doubt you will get shot and killed. Youth today is so disrespectful towards elders. I'm 19 but hell, so many rude sons of bitches makes me wanna slap them. Always been taught the golden rule, live by it. A guy that's worth 100 mill is acting like he's oppressed? Really? I mean look at police records throughout the year and whites, Mexicans and Asians are killed more Than us on a yearly basis. If you're black you're not gonna have a higher chance to get shot than the man on the moon. Lmao it's pathetic. Scapegoat.

Favorite Answer

I just wanna say that it's entirely ironic considering Kaepernick got rich off of white people. Most NFL fans are white, the owner of the 49ers is white, the GM offering him that contract was white. If America truly is so racist, how is that possible?

• Coconut3 years agoReport

Exactly bro

• spotty

If some regular guy doesn't stand up for the anthem no one cares, but let a celebrity do it and it gets press. I'm over 60 and I swear I didn't know about the anthem until he brought attention to the words and history. For there to be any kind of fundamental change or progress people need to see the problem. His actions, as well as those of others have have brought some focus.

Except for what you have shared about your personal situation I have no idea about how to bring about solutions, but I know if there had been equal opportunity all along and no discrimination your view on life would most probably have been much better. It will be a long and thankless struggle, sorry to say.

• Deino

He's a football player, not an intellectual, a strategist or any other sort of problem solver. He's doing the best he can with the only skill he has:using his baller skillz to get fame to draw attention to an issue. He has support of the president and of many others, but, unfortunately, it seems like all the rest of the democrats are also pretty bad at coming up with viable solutions- but it's not his fault liberals are embarrassingly stupid and even the democrat politicians are desperately appealing to the flag in hopes that somebody else will come up with a solution to their poorly defined problems.

Honestly, a conservative republican really ought to step up and take some action. If we solved the problem of discrimination of blacks in America, they might start voting republican finally.

• ?

He wants something, is the reason why he complains. However, there are people making more money off of him, and not suffering the poundings they take at every game. Yet, they are complaining too, wanting something.

The best we can do with it, is to remain fair between the two of us, and whoever else wants to join in, b/c this is really what it is all about, and that's love~

It called being a victim. Obviously, you don't think that way. I hope you are successful in your efforts to move from your present circumstances before you become a victim like so many others!

He is donating one million dollars. sounds like something to me.

• Coconut3 years agoReport

What will that go to though? Hundreds of celebrities have done the same thing.