are these good parts for a gaming computer?

Case: Fractal Design Define R5

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170X 7

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

CPU fan: Enermax ETS-T40F-W

CPU water cooler: Corsair H115i Hydro Series

Thermal compound: Arctic Silver 5

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 4 32GB

Graphics cars: EVGA GeForce GTC 1080 SC

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Power supply unit: Corsair RM650 X

WiFi card: Asus PCE-AC56 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless AC3100 PCI-E Adapter.

LED lighting: DeepCool RGB 330

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

All of them are good parts but as mentioned before you do not need the air cooler if you are going to use liquid cooling on the CPU.

There is a bit of room for improvement on the motherboard though. You could go with a m.2 Ultra socket SSD instead of a SATA to achieve a Next Generation Form Factor read/write speeds instead of being bottle-necked by SATA connection. It would also be a good idea to invest in a standard hard drive like Western Digital with a 64mb cache and 7,200 RPM to have extra space and speed to save your personal files and install games. Solid state drives are very expensive for bigger sizes and work best when you use them for core parts in current setups. Unless you have a very high budget. That motherboard will boot from M.2 SSD as well so you could have instant 1 second boot if the motherboard support it. This is only possible on Windows 8.1 or 10 for the 1 second boot. Also I would go much higher on RAM speed over 32GB of size. The faster the better and past 16GB is wasteful in almost every situation. Get RAM that is speed 3866 which is maximum for the board.

Agent West R.

Geek Squad Online Support | Covert Dispatch

Geek Squad Social Media Team | Yahoo Answers

Badge #99545

9-20-2016

• 4 years ago

You dont need the Enermax ETS-T40F-W since youve got the corsair. You can save some money if you ditch the wireless card and just use ehternet. Its faster anyway. I would suggest you get a lower storage SSD to store your OS and a game or two then put everything else on a bigger (maybe 2TB) HDD.

• 4 years ago

it looks solid but i would go with the watercooled cpu cooler

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.