Looking at colleges?

So I am starting to look at colleges, and i am interested more on the the biomedical side of things. Specifically i'm looking at neuroscience/neurobiology. Does anyone know any colleges that are well known for this sort of thing? I have been told about CU Boulder, and Texas A&M. If you know of any of these types of colleges or know a website where I could find this out, that would be great.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've heard that Johns Hopkins University, Georgia Tech, Duke, UC San Diego, Boston University, University of Washington, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Rice, UPenn Northwestern University are pretty well known for this. There are other good schools in Biomedical engineering and neuroscience as well, such as:

Brown University, Case Western Reserve, Clemson, Dartmouth, George Washington University, New York University, NC State University, Ohio State University, Oregon State University, Purdue University, San Jose State University, UC Irvine, UC Davis, Syracuse University, Texas A&M, CU Boulder, University of Texas at Austin, University of Pittsburgh, University of South Carolina, University of Southern California, University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Virginia Commonwealth University, George Mason University, Vanderbilt University, University of Missouri, University of Miami, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, University of Florida, University of Connecticut (UConn), University of Louisville, University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, and some of these schools offer neuroscience/neurobiology as well.

For neuroscience, these are pretty good schools:

Columbia University, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Boston University, Indiana University Bloomington, George Mason, Emory University, New York University, Northeastern University, Michigan State University, MIT, Ohio State University, Northwestern University, Syracuse University, UCLA, UCSD,

many of these are well known schools.

Source(s): collegeboard.org search and regular academic rankings of the university names
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Robt
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Better question is how much money u got upfront.

Money determine where if when you can attend college.

Start there.

Smart informed kids attend local community colleges for first 2 - 3 yrs of State required classes for degree.

That alone will save you 10000s$ in worthless fees costs over priced classes that make money for college banks NOT u.

Going out of state is great way to waste your money and make Others Wealthy.

VISIT ur state colleges system for actual info on college.

Understand NOT every degree PAYS enough to cover debts payments slavery for education costs.

Source(s): Employer of uninformed kids
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.