Skookum asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

When people want tax cuts for the rich as a "solution", why don't they look at what is happening in Kansas?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Greg
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well... the people that care about things like "factual information" certainly do.

But then you have Trump supporters thrown in the mix too.

• 4 years ago

You have to have spending costs under control before you reduce taxes. But that should be the goal, those like you that cheer on more and more taxes are just trying to feast off the system, because you don't want to put forth the effort to deal with your own responsibilities. I've worked four jobs at once, been taxed to death, insulted by the IRS (falsely) and repeated seen those with SNAP cards buying more groceries than I can budget for. It is infuriating. Taxes for anyone are a necessity not a desired outcome. It sickens me to see more and more people like you treating their fellow citizens as revenue sources only.

The best way to increase government revenues is to get the economy growing and for the velocity of money to increase, not to continuously increase the tax rate. It is the failure of our government to create an environment that we have today, with the moochers and government workers demanding more and more taxes. Those higher taxes create less and less economic growth, slowing the velocity of money (i.e. taxable transactions) creating more need for debt and higher tax rates.

• 4 years ago

Because they want tax rate reduction and elimination of some tax preferences like carried interest.

• 4 years ago

They've been conditioned to believe that these ccuts trickle down when there's never been even one instance in which they actually hqve.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nosmo
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Reality has little attraction for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.