Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats Β· 3 years ago

Kitten Is Sick. Now What?

Took my two month old kitten to the vet after she had been having diarrhea and vomiting for the past two days. I adopted her 5 days ago and she wasn't really eating or drinking well until she had diarrhea. She was very active, and playing and eating and drinking a LOT. Today I went to the vet and they said that she was very dehydrated and that was dangerous for infant cats. I understood and they said they have to keep her until she gets better. They started her off with IV fluids and they are taking an X Ray. They said her litter mate came up positive for a virus that sounded like "leukemia" but it most defiantly wasn't. They made me sign a form and gave them permission to use medicine and stuff. They said depending on how she feels, is when she gets to go home. What does that mean? Will I ever get my cat back? This clinic is RIGHT next door to where I adopted her from and they're all connected. What does my kitten have? Will she be alright? Please. I just need legitimate answers.

Favorite Answer

The get does these things all the time they said that only because they can't just say oh in 5 days she can come home but no worries she's gonna be fine and she'll probably come home soon.

• Bryan3 years agoReport

It's litter mate was diagnosed with panleukopenia.

• Avril

I'm afraid the only legit answers you'll get are from the vets themselves. I think they just meant they want to keep her in to keep an eye on her and obviously if she deteriorates, you'll have to discuss further options, but if she improves, then she'll get to come home faster.

You should not have signed a form without knowing exactly what's going on though -- you should have asked all your questions and got all your information straight beforehand because that could get you into trouble in any situation.

i'm afraid the only legit answers you'll get are from the vets themselves... i think they just meant they want to keep her in to keep an eye on her and obviously if she deteriorates, you'll have to discuss further options, but if she improves, then she'll get to come home faster...

you should not have signed a form without knowing exactly what's going on though -- you should have asked all your questions and got all your information straight beforehand 'cause that could get you into trouble in any situation...

Sad but true Feline leukemia can kill your cat but also they can have a good life for few years. Pray for your kitty πŸ™πŸ±πŸ’•

• odd

Hope its not FEL (feline infectious leukemia) I had to put a cat down for that once.

How the hell can we know? You bought a sickly backyard breeder kitten.

She will probably be fine. Just call the vet and ask if she will be okay

• keith

defiantly?