Kitten Is Sick. Now What?

Took my two month old kitten to the vet after she had been having diarrhea and vomiting for the past two days. I adopted her 5 days ago and she wasn't really eating or drinking well until she had diarrhea. She was very active, and playing and eating and drinking a LOT. Today I went to the vet and they said that... show more Took my two month old kitten to the vet after she had been having diarrhea and vomiting for the past two days. I adopted her 5 days ago and she wasn't really eating or drinking well until she had diarrhea. She was very active, and playing and eating and drinking a LOT. Today I went to the vet and they said that she was very dehydrated and that was dangerous for infant cats. I understood and they said they have to keep her until she gets better. They started her off with IV fluids and they are taking an X Ray. They said her litter mate came up positive for a virus that sounded like "leukemia" but it most defiantly wasn't. They made me sign a form and gave them permission to use medicine and stuff. They said depending on how she feels, is when she gets to go home. What does that mean? Will I ever get my cat back? This clinic is RIGHT next door to where I adopted her from and they're all connected. What does my kitten have? Will she be alright? Please. I just need legitimate answers.
8 answers 8