promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kevin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 years ago

Do you think high-fructose corn syrup is worse for you than sugar? why or why not?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For me personally no. Not in short terms. What about the bees, you know those little critters that make flowers pretty and help the ecosystem to produce oxygen. Do you know that high fructose corn syrup is sometimes heated to temperatures that makes it toxic to them.

Basically too much of any added sugar is bad for you, the FDA says 10% or more is bad, and that sounds about right. I do not think it is toxic. I think the economics of it made it bad. It's cheaper than cane sugar, so it started getting added at high levels to foods where cane sugar would not have been.

In short, the way it's used is the reason why it's worse for you. Too much sugar period is bad.

Like I say, that thing about the bees though, that is real, and it can become toxic to them. We need bees, well those of us who can not afford oxygen tanks

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

High fructose corn syrup IS sugar. If you're talking about typical table sugar, which is made from sugar cane, neither is very good for you. They both have a high glycemic index, which can make you more susceptible to diabetes.

Source(s): Glycemic index and glycemic load for 100+ foods: http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditi... http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what... Index and Diabetes: and-diabetes.html
  • 4 years ago

HFCS is a form of sugar. If you're comparing corn syrup to cane or beet sugar, then no, it makes no difference.

Most of us eat too much sugar in general, and would be wise to cut back on it overall, but the form in which you consume it makes no difference.

• Gary B
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

HFCS is HIGHLY concentrated. You get MORE sugar per tablespoon than from regular sugar.

Yes, it IS bad for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

hfc is a form of sugar.

• 4 years ago

yes, it was invented as a farm subsidy.

• 4 years ago

Yes, vote Clinton

• R4 years agoReport

Clinton is a crazy warmongering ill *****!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.