promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 years ago

Is My English interpretation of the Spanish sentences correct?

From the BBC: "Mi conclusión rápida fue que en Venezuela, o al menos en Caracas, hay comida. Aunque sea a un precio cada vez mayor por la inflación, y por ello inaccesible para la mayoría de la gente."

My interpretation: "My quick conclusion was that in Venezuela, or at least in Caracas, there is food. Although it is at an increasing price due to inflation, and thereby inaccessible for the majority of the people."

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

---

Hola, First:

Yes, it is.

From the BBC:

"Mi conclusión rápida fue que en Venezuela, o al menos en Caracas, hay comida. Aunque sea a un precio cada vez mayor por la inflación, y por ello inaccesible para la mayoría de la gente."

BETTER: "Mi conclusión rápida fue que en Venezuela, o al menos en Caracas, hay comida, aunque sea a un precio cada vez mayor por la inflación, y por eso, inaccesible para la mayoría de la gente."

OR: "Mi conclusión rápida fue que en Venezuela, o al menos en Caracas, hay comida, aunque sea a un precio cada vez mayor por la inflación, y debido a eso, inaccesible para la mayoría de la gente."

Your interpretation:

"My quick conclusion was that in Venezuela, or at least in Caracas, there is food. Although it is at an increasing price due to inflation, and thereby inaccessible for the majority of the people." ✔

BETTER: "My quick conclusion was that in Venezuela, or at least in Caracas, there is food, although it is at an increasing price due to inflation, and thereby inaccessible for the majority of the people."

Saludos. 😏

----------------

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.