I'm a white man trapped in a black man's body? Someone please help?

Ever since I was young, I never really fitted in to the "hood." I never caught on to ebonics, it just makes us sound like less intelligent beings, really. Morgan Freeman doesn't "talk like dis yo." I work hard on a daily basis, don't drink liquor, and don't even smoke cigarettes. How can I change my skin to be closer to a white man's? How can I be my true self?

Fvck you Jessica! You don't know who I am!

Fvck you Caroline! If being born a man means you could be a woman, than I CAN AND WILL achieve my dream of being white!

RACE IS A MYTH HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAHAHAAHHAH

RETARDED/10

Favorite Answer

Racial caricaturizing and stereotyping ethinicities and races is as much a man made construct, the only thing which is real is the melanin content of your skin, eyes and hair, and the shape of your features which you have inherited from your ancestors.

No Culture has been permanent and no culture can be imposed on you if you do not want to belong to it, like conventional gender roles(women baby care and men dying in war and working outside) are not engrained into your DNA, just because you have African DNA and live in the US doesn't mean you have to follow nor belong to American Black culture.

You can just as easily go to any other country with African descendant people and absorb that identity,

You can be british black(some of the whitest black people)

You don't belong in the hood if you feel that you don't, your self identity is your choice.

African people live all over the globe, I find that African people from rich African countries tend to be even more "white"(if that's a thing) than most white people in Australia or right-wing+left-wing Americans.

you don't have to be a 1900s white guy to like soft instrumental music, like tea and a good book, while relaxing in sofa in a nice cultured home surrounded by bookshelfs and the newspaper.

MANY other 'cultures'(I use the word lightly) have the same characteristics, like the aged immigrant Chinese worker who came to the USA and was successful, or my grandpa who was a doctor, born in Qatar, he then lived in India where he married my grandma, before finally moving to the US to make a living for his family(he was the "whitest: guy you could find, way before he even decided to move out of Libya). My grandpa was well travelled.

P.S. even white kids in the hood have assimilated with Hood culture, you can find a white kid with a hoodie and gold chains in the poor UK areas aswell, so it has nothing to do with your skin tone.

NO need to bleach your skin, and lose your beautiful skin tone.

If you do Not want to be a Black American from the hood, be an African American from the posh end of society(what some call an Uncle Tom) or any other type of African American you want.

OR

Just reject your African American Identity altogether and pick up any other African identity, they're near endless.

You could also chose to define yourself on something other than race, like religion for example, Go to Africa and become a Christian preacher(not exactly what you're looking for), or be an American Christian preacher(sadly this would still keep you connected to the American African ("black") community)

You could choose another religion, or Place, like being a proud Muslim Moor, or Egyptian, or move to India, there is a small African community in North India which has assimilated to an extent, you can't tell if they're Indian or African.

there are Millions of identities, ethinicities and cultures you can choose to associate with, it's all upto you.

Find one that fits and feels comfortable and slip into it.

P.S. Whith culture isn't one single type of thing, just as there are billions of different types of Africans on earth, there is no one single standard for being a "white ma".

are you a German, Scott, Brit, Welsh, Italian, Californian, Texan, New York-ian?, South African, Aussi, Canadian....

you get the Idea.

• ?

LOL Don't let them get you. Those responses aren't necessary. I think it was funny. I think "trans" is a psychological disorder like Body Dysmorphic Disorder. We don't allow them to have all the plastic surgery they want. We try to teach them that what they are thinking isn't correct. Why don't we do the same with "trans?"

• ?

Close your eyes, click your heels together three times and say "there is no place like my therapist's couch"

Lmao. Try lemon juice and turmeric. Will give you a yellowy glow.

You are presumably aware of skin bleachers. Bad idea, obviously.

dude shut the **** up

Update: No, **** YOU. "If being born a man means you could be a woman..." No, idiot. Watch.

Cisgender men can never be transgender women. Do you agree? And if not, why.

So, transgender women can never be cisgender men. RIGHT?

Poor attempt at mocking trans people. Shame on you.

Get real, race is a myth.