PT Cruiser runs 15 minutes and shuts off:?

My daughter s PT Cruiser will run for only 15 minutes and then will not start. You need to wait another 15 minutes and then it usually start again.

we have replaced the fuel pump and camshaft sensor.

When I have the computer hooked up and run live data it will says failure on the fuel bank 1. It is only a 4 banger and not a turbo.

It is her only vehicle and needs it repaired.

Thank you.

• ...
    Favorite Answer

Too many computers on a modern car. You will need to take it to a mechanic for a Diagnosis

• Joseph

crank sensors are a common heat related failure . I would look at that since you say it starts back up after 15 minutes

Hi so you will spend hours and hours with e POKE and `no HOPE diagnostic ideas. simple answer is a Dealer who will pin point to the cause in a few minutes with is knowledge and tester.

• ?

it could be anything. the pressure regulator, clogged injector. with out being there and seeing how the car behave and stuff. no one is going to be able to tell you much of anything.

• syl

It's a Chrysler product....... what else were you expecting?

no