Any books/novels where the main character is atheistic?

Not for religious promotion, but for the positivity of atheism. Any really juicy, nice ones out there?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

Check the non-fiction sections.

Tons of books by Atheist authors there.

For fiction, I know of only one author - Arthur C. Clark.

• 3 years ago

5 Novels Every Atheist Can Believe In - Mic

https://mic.com/articles/74437/5-novels-every-athe...

Nov 29, 2013 - Instead, he chooses to focus on the motivations of an atheist protagonist while imbuing the story with optimism. It's atheism for the next .

Fiction that contains atheist/humanist characters - Goodreads

www.goodreads.com/topic/.../796464-fiction-that-contains-atheist-humanist-character...

How do you feel about science fiction? Lots of science fiction is built around humanist ideas or upon an atheist/humanist protagonist and some does meet your ...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Anything by: Kafka, Joyce, Mann, Vonnegut, Proust, Delillo, Nabokov, Orwell, Huxley, Gaddis, Barthelme, Easton-Ellis, Foucault, Barthes, Derrida, Rawls, Einstein, Vidal, Proust, D.H. Lawrence..who else?

• Fred
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

No idea. There are millions of books where characters don t ever bring up religion though

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

"Positivity of atheism?"

There is no such thing.

Atheists have nothing to look forward to. Life is POINTLESS without God.

I think the Darth Vader character might be an atheist. But that character was from a movie, not a novel.

--- ( A Yahoo! User)

• Ricardo
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Life is POINTLESS without God.

- How cute, a brain dead fundie projecting their hopelessness onto other people.

• 3 years ago

Read "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan..

Far more awesome than the Holy Bibles that you have never read.

I say you never read them because if you did, you would be an atheist..

• ozzy3 years agoReport

Raised in the church, studies the bible. Don't talk on things you don't know, bud. It's just the Internet. Assumptions aren't good. Thanks for your answer to my question, but no thank you to your further unneeded commentary.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Not any good ones.

Atheist authors are typically nihilists.

Unless you're into Marxist ideology, I don't think you'll like any book ever written by an atheist.

• Lv 4
      3 years agoReport

No **** it's English.

But what is the subject matter contained in said books?

Nihilistic themes I bet.

• 3 years ago

The Communist Manifesto.

• Dave D
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

"the positivity of atheism"??? How can anything be positive about a negative presupposition?

• ozzy3 years agoReport

This has nothing to with with either of our personal lives, so take it down a notch there, kid. You discriminating, or something? Kick rocks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.