Dual Citizenship?

I am considering applying for British citizenship and moving to the UK, and have found that the UK allows dual citizenship, but I can't find any information regarding the USA allowing dual citizenship. Would I be forced by the States to renounce my citizenship?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

I am considering applying for British citizenship and moving to the UK.

You apply to First Move to UK.

If approved to move. Then after a few years of living there you can apply for UK Citizenship.

You DO NOT need to give up USA Citizenship. That is a decision you make about ten years from now.

The USA encourages you to remain a TAXPAYER . The IRS likes your business.

The moving part is not that easy. The simple question is WHY does UK want or need you?

Millions apply every year. What makes you a better applicant than others? Think of your Visa Application like a job application.

UK Officials select the best candidates.. NOT EVERYONE that has minimum qualifications.

You can try . You Apply. You might get a Visa to live and work in UK. If you like it after a few more years you can apply for Citizenship.

It is unknown at this time what the future immigration rules will be as a result of the Brexit vote.

The world has many that want to move to other countries do not expect it to get easier overtime.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You can have dual citizenship basically by default, because U.S. law doesn't say anything about it. That's probably why you haven't found anything. I have a friend who is dual British-American nationality. He wasn't required to renounce either one. But he could have if he wanted.

• 3 years ago

No, the US also allows dual citizenship (although as a US citizen you'll need to report taxes irrelevant of whether you live there)

• Gerd P
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Would I be forced by the States to renounce my citizenship? ▬ No!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-c...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.