Dual Citizenship?

I am considering applying for British citizenship and moving to the UK, and have found that the UK allows dual citizenship, but I can't find any information regarding the USA allowing dual citizenship. Would I be forced by the States to renounce my citizenship?

Best Answer

I am considering applying for British citizenship and moving to the UK.

You apply to First Move to UK.

If approved to move. Then after a few years of living there you can apply for UK Citizenship.

You DO NOT need to give up USA Citizenship. That is a decision you make about ten years from now.

The USA encourages you to remain a TAXPAYER . The IRS likes your business.

The moving part is not that easy. The simple question is WHY does UK want or need you?

Millions apply every year. What makes you a better applicant than others? Think of your Visa Application like a job application.

UK Officials select the best candidates.. NOT EVERYONE that has minimum qualifications.

You can try . You Apply. You might get a Visa to live and work in UK. If you like it after a few more years you can apply for Citizenship.

It is unknown at this time what the future immigration rules will be as a result of the Brexit vote.

The world has many that want to move to other countries do not expect it to get easier overtime.

You can have dual citizenship basically by default, because U.S. law doesn't say anything about it. That's probably why you haven't found anything. I have a friend who is dual British-American nationality. He wasn't required to renounce either one. But he could have if he wanted.

No, the US also allows dual citizenship (although as a US citizen you'll need to report taxes irrelevant of whether you live there)

• Gerd P

Would I be forced by the States to renounce my citizenship? ▬ No!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-c...