RHH: Can you guys think of any artists that you think had great potential and was good but never got to where they should've been?

Some of the people that first come to mind when I think about this is

Juelz Santana- dude was no lie the only guy who could rap well against lil wayne during his peak 04-08..

Fabolous- criminally underrated.. listen to Breathe.. and the guy has great mixtapes.

Lloyd Banks- Best rapper in G-Unit imo.. maybe not the best member but by farrr the best lyricst ever from G-Unit... but didn't capitalize he's still dope tho.

Jadakiss- Now this guy technically maybe the best "mixtape" rapper ever and a phenomenal feature artist... and yes the guy has gotten praise in the industry and sports world from Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, LeBron James, Allen Iverson etc.. but there is a thing missing and that is a classic album.. good albums? yes.. but I have always felt this guy could make a classic album and still has never delivered.. Jadakiss is a beast though.

XV- a lot of people have forgotten about this guy but his mixtapes were great Zero Heroes, Vizzy Zone, Popular Culture.. they were great but the guy never released his solo day view The Kid With The Green Backpack.. its a shame because this guy had a lot of potential and when he released Awesome feat. Pusha T I thought it was time but the album never came to fruition.

Asher Roth- Another guy who could spit forget about I Love College.. Asher Roth could rap man.. go listen to Pabst & Jazz, The Greenhouse Effect mixtapes.. I honestly even thought Asleep In The Bread Aisle was dope.. but the label screwed him over and he's done.

• Favorite Answer

lol its funny....the first 3 guys you mentioned are on my 3 kings list....3 guys that in my opinion should of been running rap after 2008 till 2013.....

XV?.........man i don't know what happened to him....same as Asher Roth.....

personally i think Charles Hamilton is the epitome of that concept....

Cory Gunz

Saigon

Rich Boy

Joell Ortiz

Papoose

Cassidy

Mickey Factz

Jon Connor

Slim Da Mobster

Stat Quo

Ca$his

Bobby Creekwater

EDIT: I got one more......Danny! How the hell did i forget about that guy i don't know...

I'll exclude obvious ones like Jay Electronica and Charles Hamilton.

But to start things off, I'll go with Camp Lo. They have one of the greatest debut records in hip hop history and after that, they never seemed to have much going on for them. If they had at least two more great albums, they'd easily be a top 10 duo.

I'd also say that J Cole is another one currently but that could definitely change. He just needs to drop two-three albums that are as high quality as his best mixtapes. Cole isn't wack, though. Just underwhelming.

I'll think of a few more later

1. Paris

2. Murs

3. Jon Connor

4. Qwel

5. T-Rock

6. Koopsta Knicaa

Ransom

But in my opinion it's better for him to be unpopular because this way his true fans appreciate him and he doesn't get fake fans just because of his celebrity.

Cory Gunz... Enough said...

2Pac plain and simple. imagine if he wasnt dead