Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to tell girl that you want to spend more time with her?

Hi, I'm a 17 year old guy in high school, and there's a girl I really like (who is also one of my good friends) and would love to date. However, about 3 weeks ago, she broke up with her old boyfriend, and she's still getting past it all. She is over him, but isn't ready to date yet I guess. We always walk into school together from our cars and walk out together, but because she has places to be after school now, we can't stay after and talk or anything. I cannot really ask her to do much with me because it will look like I'm asking her out, and we have had brief discussions before about her not wanting to date until she's ready. I don't know for sure if she likes me, but I have had some indications that she might. But I don't want to rush her into things. My fear, however, is that if we are barely seeing each other during the day now, that she might sort of move on from me. I jut need advice on how to handle this. Thank you!

• drip
    Favorite Answer

Oh, how about a study "date"?

Meeting at the public library on Saturday or Sunday during the day to get some school work done. A quick run to McD for lunch.

It will give you some time together but wouldn't sound like a date date, like going to the movies on a Friday night.