Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 3 years ago

when will the IOC punish China the way it did Russia?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • K2010
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

they need a whistleblower to confirm state sponsored and covered doping use, otherwise, no reason.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Actually they need China to limit sponsorship, we already know that the Country with the most organised-doping is the USA, but the big sponsorships prevent any real action to be taken, the same goes for China, they're the 2nd sponsor, so exempt from judgment.

• 3 years ago

In the 1980s, several Chinese medalists were stripped of their medals for using performance enhancing drugs. I believe China has learned their lesson for the most part, and they have enough good athletes that they don't really need to use roids.

Russia, however, has been slipping down the podium since 1992. They used to beat the US consistently, now they finished in 4th place in Rio. The state sponsored doping project was initiated to reclaim this lost glory, but unfortunately for them the IOC wasn't compliant and nearly had them banned. China has all the glory yet to attain, and so they do not dope.

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH, don't take my word for it. Speculation.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

When they get caught cheating like Russia did, while you are at it you might as well ask when they will punish GB,China and the USA for cheating like they did Russia

• jobees
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

it depend if they get caught changes the simple

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.