Is it ok to spank a dog, not hard, just a little?

My dog is really disobedient, and I've been wondering about this lately. She's just a puppy. So I figure it's better to do it now. I'd never hit her hard, just like a slap on the thigh.
Update: Wow, some of you people are real d|ckheads, like high horse Amos over here. Spanking a puppy is not abuse. I know because I'm a lawyer. Just like spanking a child is not abuse either. Let me ask you, did you give my dog a home? Did you take care of her when she was sick? They were going to put her down before I... show more Wow, some of you people are real d|ckheads, like high horse Amos over here. Spanking a puppy is not abuse. I know because I'm a lawyer. Just like spanking a child is not abuse either. Let me ask you, did you give my dog a home? Did you take care of her when she was sick? They were going to put her down before I adopted her because of her illness you jack***! And I didn't spank her, I was just asking about it because I wasn't sure.
Update 2: Ok, so a lot of you ask to know the specific problems. Here they are: She doesn't ever come to me when I try to get her to come here. She thinks it's a game of tag or something and she'll come just close enough then run away as soon as I go near her and wait for me to chase her and run away again. She... show more Ok, so a lot of you ask to know the specific problems. Here they are: She doesn't ever come to me when I try to get her to come here. She thinks it's a game of tag or something and she'll come just close enough then run away as soon as I go near her and wait for me to chase her and run away again. She goes to my bed to pee all the time even though she knows how to use the doggy door and I always rush her outside as soon as she pees inside. She barks sometimes at night. She attacks my girlfriend.
Update 3: Jeezus F-ing Christ! I haven't spanked her. Can you people read? I was asking about it! So that's obviously not the reason she won't come.
Update 4: And yes, I have tried lead her outside to pee, then rewarding her. She does pee and poop outside. For some reason she also pees on my bed. I think it might be because my bed feels like her old training pads. But she also does when she gets excited. God dam, you people are such pretentious *******. You don't... show more And yes, I have tried lead her outside to pee, then rewarding her. She does pee and poop outside. For some reason she also pees on my bed. I think it might be because my bed feels like her old training pads. But she also does when she gets excited. God dam, you people are such pretentious *******. You don't give two shyts about my problems or my dog, at least not enough to go beyond your selective reading just so you can get a high off sitting on your high horse. Dunno why I bothered.
Update 5: Of all who answered, only a fraction ACTUALLY READ what I said, instead of assuming the exact opposite of what I said. I'm a first-time dog owner. I've looked online and found conflicting answers. That's why I wanted to get an outside opinion. Instead I get harassed by people who clearly are only... show more Of all who answered, only a fraction ACTUALLY READ what I said, instead of assuming the exact opposite of what I said. I'm a first-time dog owner. I've looked online and found conflicting answers. That's why I wanted to get an outside opinion. Instead I get harassed by people who clearly are only pretending to give a F! You think my dog would be better w/o me b/c I asked this quesiton? I adopted my dog because she was dying, and if I hadn't paid for her treatment, they would have put her down.
Update 6: Yes, I don't know what I'm doing. I've never owned a dog. But even still, I've done a he|| of a lot more for her than ANY OF YOU disgustingly pretentious sacks of garbage!