Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Atheists: What do you think of this Atheist lady filing the first ever "wrongful life"lawsuit?

This lady went in for an abortion and was told it was completed. A few months later she found out was she was still pregnsnt, the abortion attemp was botched. The baby was born. Now she is attempting to sue for damages because the murder of her child didn't get carried out.

"The woman, who is unnamed, recently filed a lawsuit against the abortion doctor and the public health sector because of the botched abortion. The woman claims she has suffered immense psychological trauma and financial burdens because her son is alive today, according to the report."

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/08/22/mother-files-wr...

Favorite Answer

Maybe these type of lawsuits will destroy the industry.

If a parent actually files a lawsuit with the bold claim in print that they would rather have a dead child, the child should be immediately taken away from that parent for the child's protection from any more psychological damage being inflicted, as well as to help the parent not have to spend any more beloved money on a person they wish was dead and aren't afraid to put in print in a public document. <---that alone is such grievous abuse to a child, that is grounds for losing all parental rights to that child, in my opinion. If the child grows up safe and as an adult, decides to resume a relationship with that genetic flesh body host, then they are free to do so. But, the parent has clearly shown themselves to be a risk to that child in that they not only tried to destroy the child's life, they have continued to harbor resentment that the child lived.

1 Timothy 6:10 KJV For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Isaiah 49:15 KJV Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Matthew 25:40 KJV And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

• Nous

So if you buy a loaf of bread and it turns out to be rancid you would eat it would you?

If you bought a car that was found to be so awful it would never run you would accept the cost?

The case you mention is a clear breach of contract, it is also gross medical negligence and she will obviously win substantial damages!

Oh and stop being so uneducated as to call abortion murder since for murder the victim must be a "Person in Being" which means outside the mothers body and not attached to it!

Extremist false claims like yours actually support the prochoice groups because they are so easily shown to be IGNORANT!

If she didn't want a child, she should give him up for adoption then. But if you go to an abortion clinic and pay for it, and it doesn't happen, I think you have the right to a lawsuit. It's a medical procedure. Like if I went in for a hysterectomy and he didn't do it and I got pregnant months later, I would sue.

1 Show us WHERE it is written that she is an atheist

2 So you try to make us swallow that all the women who do abort are atheists

3 statistics are against you, because 95% of the abortions practised in the USA relate to fundies

4 attempt as glaucous as pathetic to make pass from the ideas as unhealthy as untrue

• kate

That's tricky. Just because I'm not pro-life doesn't mean this is easy for me.

(For the record just because I'm atheist doesn't mean I have to be pro-choice).

But yea. I don't know how to feel.

• Nate

Indifferent. The doctor botched a procedure and should be held to the same standards of any other botched medical procedure, which I can't say I know offhand beyond vague ideas.

• Liz

What do this woman's religious beliefs (or lack thereof) have to do with anything?

Would you even be asking your asinine question if this was about any other type of surgical procedure?

The doctor either through negligence or incompetence failed to provide the medical service for which he had been paid to the distress and financial loss of the patient. She has every right to sue him and she will probably win.

• Evan

Where in the article does it say the lady is an atheist?

Lying for Jesus is still lying.

Brilliant!